Saturday, April 16, 2011

March travels...

I have been really bad about updating my blog lately, but there have been a lot of changes going on in my life!  Despite all the changes (all good changes ;)) I have still found time to squeeze in some travel.  A few weeks back, a group of us went to the beaches of Krabi, Thailand.  Ever since I saw the movie "The Beach" with Leonardo Dicaprio I have always wanted to visit this part of Thailand.  When we first arrived we took a long tail boat out to one of the other islands.  It took much longer than expected to get to this remote beach, but once we did it was well worth it (even though it was dark by this point ;))  On the walk back we got stuck in a thunder and lightning storm, but when it is 85 degrees it's not so bad being stuck in the rain.  The next day the group went scuba diving, but I decided to hang out on the beach and relax for the day - it was great!  Before leaving on Sunday we explored the area some more, ate good food and went shopping.  Overall we had a great time.  Here are some pictures from the weekend trip...





Near the beach

Only I would order Pizza in Thailand :)  It was actually pretty good!

Sunset on our first night - beautiful!

Kelly and I walking out to the Long Tail boat

Amazing beach!

 Next weekend we are heading to Bali, Indonesia.  This will be my last vacation for a long time - I am heading back to Portland on June 4th.  I am so excited to be back in Portland, but it will be hard to leave all my friends here in Asia! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment