Saturday, September 25, 2010

Out And About In The City...

I finally found a place to live (woo hoo!) so now I can relax a bit and check out more of Singapore!  Here are some pictures from last week and this weekend...

My coworker (and officemate) Tiffany, took some of us newbies out for a night in the city...
The Merlion - this half mermaid half lion is the Singapore Mascot 
View of the Hotel/Casino at night

Singapore version of Chicken Wings - very tasty!
This shaved ice dessert comes with creamed corn and nuts drizzled on top, and beans on the bottom.  Common treat in Singapore.
Lagnaa was the first Indian restaurant I tired in Singapore - the food was AMAZING!  You can choose your level of spiciness (1 being the least 10 being the most) - we chose a level 2 and it was still really spicy!  I can't even imagine what a  10 would taste like!  
Food at Lagnaa (located in Little India) - best Indian food I have ever had!
Shots at "The Clinic" Bar in Clarke Quay 
Coworkers and I enjoying our fruit filled syringe shots
Blu Jazz - a fun bar in downtown Singapore
Bar in Clarke Quay - I don't even know what to say HAHA!
Whoppers and beer - doesn't get much better than that!  
Lanterns in China Town 
More lanterns in China Town - they look so cool at night!
The famous Durian - apparently this fruit smells and tastes like dirty socks.  I have yet to try it, but I hear the flavor stays in your mouth for hours!  This fruit is so smelly, you aren't even aloud to take it on the MRT (subway)!  



No comments:

Post a Comment