This weekend was great - I met some new people, tried some new amazing restaurants and checked out more of the city. Friday was a holiday here, so a few coworkers and I went to Clark Quay to check out the bar scene there. The most interesting was "The Clinic" a hospital themed bar (uhh, weird!) - they serve your drinks in either an IV bag or in a syringe, your chairs are gold wheel chairs, and the tables are operating tables - it was like nothing I had seen before. Unfortunately, my camera died right when we got there, so I will have to post pictures of this odd place later. On Friday, I went to a great restaurant, Broth, with Stephen, Joanne (great people!) and some of their friends who are also from the states. Everyone has been so helpful and nice - it's been great! I also had my first "Singapore Sling" at The Raffles Hotel. This fruity drink has gin, cherry brandy, pineapple juice cointreau, Benedictine, grenadine and a dash of bitters (can we say TROUBLE?!) I have been here over a week now, and it's starting to sink in that this is my new home. I setup a local bank account, submitted all my paperwork to immigration, and started looking for apartments. I am looking forward to traveling soon, and really making the most of this next year! If anyone wants to come visit - let me know! :)
Pictures from the weekend....
 |
| Raffles Hotel - home of the "Singapore Sling" |
 |
| My first Singapore Sling - very tasty! |
 |
| China Town |
 |
| Beautiful morning in Singapore! That's the new casino in the background - the one with the Infinity pool. |
 |
| Clarke Quay (the only picture I took before my camera died) |
 |
| Restaurant in China Town with cheap Tiger Beer |
 |
| The City |
 |
| Yes, I will survive in Singapore! They have Starbucks on every corner. |
Looks like you are having a great time! You will have to post pictures of that weird hospital bar soon! I can't even imagine what it would look like. :)
ReplyDelete